This course offers an apprenticeship program with a focus on "Integrated Pest Management" (I.P.M.). Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
• Identify the pests in different crops.
• Recognize the beneficial enemies used in biological control.
• Use alternative pest control methods.
• Apply different monitoring and identification techniques.
• Set traps of different types: Pheromone traps, lull and kill traps.
This course includes hands-on laboratory time for identifying pests and beneficial enemies along with a guided crops tour in the Jordan valley to a number of new control technologies.